I have been always writing about fashion, of course it’s because of my comfort zone. Let’s start with something new which I can definitely share with you all, so here is the first blog on beauty and skin care routine. I am sure most of you wonder on what products I use for my skin care routine, so I will be reviewing the products which I personally use.
Once you cross thirty you definitely need to be more sensitive towards your skin care. There are many brands in market which are having many good anti ageing skin care range. It all depends on what suits your skin type. I have a combination to sensitive skin so I always end up in a dilemma while choosing products for my skin. Not all brands suit my skin too.
For those unfamiliar with the brand, Innisfree is a Korean beauty brand which shares the benefits of nature from the pristine island of Jeju.
The Orchid line is an anti-aging range of skincare consisting of Orchid ElixirTM reaped through a hot-water extraction process. Now, not every orchid species makes the cut. AMOREPACIFIC R&D Centre selected Jeju Cold Growing Orchid from 60 different types of orchids native to Jeju Island. This particular species posses vitality to blossom in harsh winter conditions and after several years of research and development, Orchid ElixirTM is successfully formulated. Its powerful anti-oxidant properties, along with skin-activating ingredients work to rejuvenate sullen, haggard complexion and restore skin’s natural self-defence abilities for healthy and luminous skin. The Orchid range is free from parabens, mineral oil, synthetic colorants, imidazolidinyl urea (formaldehyde releaser), and ingredients from animal origin.
Packaged in varying shades of gorgeous purple, the Orchid line consists of a gel cream, enriched cream, intense cream, eye cream, massage cream and hand cream. The jars are made of plastic, so its light enough to pop it into your luggage when you travel.
The BRAND claims–
- The vitality of the Jeju orchid that blooms flowers even in severe cold
Orchidelixir™, a substance acquired from the Jeju orchid, is a powerful antioxidant that makes dry skin radiant and strengthens the skin’s defense system.
- Anti-wrinkle care, resilience, skin tone correction, nourishment, and pore care all in one. Filled with nourishment, it enhances the resilience of the skin to correct visible wrinkles and clear the skin tone for radiant, healthy skin overall.
- Rich and resilient adhering texture. The rich and resilient texture wraps the skin and contains natural high molecules to form a micro barrier to leave your skin resilient.
- Jeju Cold Growing Orchid. As a result of several years of effort and research on Jeju orchids that feature the remarkable vitality of being able to flower in the snow, Orchidelixir™ was created. An exceptional antioxidant, Orchidelixir™, together with functional active ingredients, works to nourish overly tired skin and treat signs of skin aging in order to yield healthier skin.
How to use–
Wash your face dry and pump 1-2 times and apply smoothly over your face as your regular serum for penetration followed by the cream.
The Jeju orchids are packed with antioxidants providing your skin with neutralizing agents that reverse damage caused by the sun, pollution, and other free radicals
The Innisfree Orchid Gel Cream is designed for normal to oily skin. The first thing I noticed is its appealing light floral fragrance and pretty light violet hue. Its light-weight texture is easily absorbed into the skin, keeping it soft and supple. It does not clog my pores and hence its good enough as a night cream which you can apply post the serum.
My Review –
Both the products are absorbed by skin easily leaving an illuminating finish. It is an intense serum and cream with light floral scent. It’s an ideal product for the dry skin or even for the oily skin is going through a dry phase in harsh winters
It does not contain SPF, so if you want to use it during the day you will have to apply sunscreen separately so would recommend it for night use. It repairs the skin, tightens it and gives visible firmness.
You can buy these products online at @nykaa.com also at the exclusive brand stores.
The essence serum is available @ 6ooo INR and the cream @ 2000 INR
- Wonderful floral scent.
- Lightweight packaging which is easy to carry.
- Moisturises the skin well.
- It will work best on dry skin.
- It works better as a night cream.
- Firms the skin and tightens it up.
- Does not contain SPF so can be used as night cream only
- Not a good option for oily skin
- Price range is high compared to the quantity.
Renee the Reborn rating – 3/5
You can expect more product reviews in upcoming blogs 🙂 If you wish me to review any product or want any skin care routine to be shared, your suggestions are most welcome !
Untill next blog,